Advertisement

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Photography and Blogging - A Dangerous Combination

Nikon D40Image via Wikipedia
Ever since I was a kid, my passion has always been photography. My dad said my very first toy was his old Polaroid camera which I unfortunately broke. He said I was curious as to how the images got copied from outside and into that small device, so I broke it apart. Then I moved up to the old film cameras and eventually SLRs. Though I never seem to remember which pictures I took. I never bothered to check because it was my mom who would collect all the developed copies and load them up into those ring bound photo albums with adhesive. She would put captions onto each funny moment, each place we visited, each family affair. As an innocent 7 year old, I asked her plainly why do we have a ton of pictures? She distinctly said, so we never forget who we are, where we've been and how we looked like.

I never realized that her answer would be the very reason why I will love photography. So I do not forget, so I treasure each captured moment. It's like freezing time.

Blogging came to me one boring afternoon. I saw a news feature about bloggers and this new internet craze called blogging way back during its heyday. I took to it real quick as I have this uncanny knack for anything computerized. It fueled my love for the written word, as my dad was a great writer. I idolized him when reading his journals and when he wrote a column for a magazine when I was still in school.

I never pursued a career in writing as I believed that it wouldn't make me rich, at least I was made to believe so. Then blogger.com started to introduce the addition of digital pictures which was the hottest thing to hit the internet. I failed to capitalize on this then since I could not afford to buy a digital camera, much less maintain a fast internet connection. Thus I went into a hiatus. No blogs and pictures for a while.

Then one fateful day, my wife gave me "Nikki" my Nikon D40 as an early birthday gift. I was in heaven! The sniper was born! The very next day I shot some of my best work. Thus my blog was reborn. So a dangerous combination was made. Why dangerous? I am diabetic. I need my rest and sleep but this whole new experience, this power of freezing time was back, and I could broadcast this to the world through my blog. Who needs sleep. Here are some more of my passion pictures. I hope you enjoy seeing them as I enjoy shooting them.

Water is my element. I can create anything when I am in my element. Freezing time similar to these water droplets rippling into a glass container.
This next photo is my expression of how my two passions sustain me. It serves as my daily dose of vitamin gel caps. It keeps me up and running, looking forward to the next day. It gives me my sanity, it takes away my stress, it gives me energy to continue doing what I'm passionate about, much like these gel caps floating in the air. I always feel a natural high.

See you next post.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment