Advertisement

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Prayers and Thoughts are with Japan

Friday, March 11, 2011  - A very sad day for the whole world. My wife and I were chatting over Yahoo Messenger and she sent me a link from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center telling that Tsunami warnings have been sent out for the Pacific. This came from the 8.9 earthquake that just hit Japan earlier that afternoon. I turned the TV to CNN and saw the breaking news.

I consider Japan as a second home. I have always seen myself as part japanese. It could be from a past life, I don't know why. I have lived in Japan because of my first Job. It was my first trip alone and the longest trip away from Manila. It was there that I learned thier culture, language and work values. It was no surprise that despite this difficult time, they still remain the people that they are. I have had close friendships with a lot of Japanese when I was there and it was as if a part of me was also torn and sad.

I've already had word with most of my friends who were there and thank God they are all safe. I learned a lot of lessons in life when I lived there and a part of me stays there forever. They will recover, they will rise up as a people. I pray that they pull through as a country  and as a people.

To my japanese friends I say :  私はあなたの安全のために祈っています。あなたこのような課題を存続します。

No comments:

Post a Comment