Advertisement

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dining in Nostagia one Saturday Afternoon

One afternoon my boss decided to treat our team to lunch. She brought us to this quaint place called CAFE JUANITA. It looks like an old 1960's house renovated to a restaurant. On the outside it looks uneventful and simple with a few parking spaces, discreetly hidden in a secluded area in Kapitolyo, Pasig.  Much to our surprise, once we went in it was like we were brought back in time.

Nostalgia hit us. As we entered, this elegant chandelier greeted us on the way in. I just had to take a shot of this massive centerpiece with a colorful array of crystals hanging in the middle of the room. I felt as if I went into a colonial house in the Old Spanish era.

It was such a refreshing change from our 'regular' lunch routine. Eye candy for me personally, good thing I brought my good old "Nikki" my camera along for the ride who my wife affectionally calls my 'mistress' because I would spend more time fondling with it on my free time.

Lunch was great! the menu was a good mix of asian food, a bit of local filipino flavor and a dash of thai food as well. If you are looking for a new dining experience that's also worth discussing about try it for yourself.

Cafe Juanita is located in Kapitolyo, Pasig City, Philippines. They serve lunch, and dinner and they are open from Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. Food prices range from about P400.00 to P700.00. It is also a good idea to call them for reservations specially on weekends.

Cafe Juanita - Tel. Number: (02) 632-0357


No comments:

Post a Comment