Advertisement

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sweet Temptation

Food has always been a part of my family for generations. No family gathering is complete without food being served. Sundays are usually spent eating out or at home with pot luck lunch and dinner. My grandmother has a tradition in the family where during Sunday morning right after church we would gather around the kitchen helping our dear grandma as she prepares lunch for everyone.

It was like clockwork that everyone, my mom and dad, aunts and uncles, my brothers, sisters and cousins pitch in to complete a thanksgiving like feast. After lunch she would call on me and my cousins and reward us with sweet treats she made. I miss her and the value she left us. "Always cook with your heart, serve them with love." She kept a small notebook with her recipes and top secret ingredients, when she passed on that notebook got lost somehow. It was as if the magic spell book just faded away.

No comments:

Post a Comment